What we are looking for:
We are looking for a qualified Fullstack/Backend Engineer to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
A great Application Developer has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write “clean“ and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Our core services tech stack consists of Elixir, Postgres datastores as well as Nginx load balancers. Currently, they all run on the AWS cloud infrastructure with auto-scaling abilities.
We use GitHub for our code repository and we adhere to the basic Continuous Delivery tenets utilising a host of tools to support our release pipeline and code quality
- Proven experience as application developer
- Experience in designing and building applications. Bonus if have experience building B2B and B2C products.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and Phoenix platforms using development tools, Gen-Server, ETS, Liveview etc
- Excellent understanding of software design, programming principles and software lifecycle including Continuous Integration and Deliveries
- In-depth knowledge of SQL (Postgres), including what JOIN, VIEWS, INDEXING do
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated